Happy 1st!
A virtual, abridged, and intimate (no, not that way) reinactment of Mike and I's anniversary day, December 1st, 2001:
Setting: A clear, cool night in Austin Texas. Tank and Cara are hanging out at his apartment with some ultimate players. (No one is really drinking as we all had important frisbee engagements the next morning.)
Mike: Dude, I'm so parched...Cara, do you want to take a few shots of vodka with me?
Cara: That sounds like an awesome idea!
[Thirty minutes later, almost everyone else is gone and we are both silly drunk.]
Reid: Cara, I'm going to go, are you sure you are going to be ok getting home?
Cara: Oh yeah, I'll be fine...don't worry about me... it's only a 5 minute walk to my co-op.
Skizip: Don't worry Reid, I'll make sure she gets home ok.
Mike and Cara: [flirt, flirt, flirt].
[Skip leaves...Mike and Cara are standing by the front door.]
Mike: Cara, there's something I've been wanting to tell you.
Cara: Hold on. [Violently pukes in hands. Mike opens front door for Cara. She continues to throw up in the bushes in the front of his duplex for about a minute, while Mike holds her hair back. She finishes, eager to get on with the rest of the conversation that she had been anticipating, hoping, and attempting to have for the past few months.]
Sorry, what was that you wanted to say?
Mike: [Takes Cara's hands, mere minutes after being puked in] I really like you a lot.
Cara: Really? I really like you too.
Mike: No you don't! I like you a lot lot.
Cara: Dude, I can't believe this. I've liked for so long...it's true...I totally like you.
Mike: No, I like YOU!
[Repeat for about 10 minutes the exact same thing. Mike kisses Cara on the cheek, very close to her tainted lips.]
Mike: It's December 1st, 2001...I am Michael Natenberg, and you are my everytime. (Which doesn't really make sense, but was really cute at the time.)
[5 years of love.]
__________________________________________
The present:
Mike and I are still in Melbourne. We celebrated our 5 year anniversary with Claire and Whit. Just one of the many odd coincidences and qualities that we share is that they also have Dec. 1st, 2001 as their annivesary. So we went out for a feast at a local veggie restaurant on the St. Kilda pier. It was beautiful, yummy, and made me feel warm and fuzzy. I'll post a few pictures later.
4 comments:
Very cute guys. Happy Anniversary! Let's hope there was no vomiting this time.
Cara, I hope you got the Email about my mom, but if you didn't-- the cancer hasn't spread and she's having her surgery tomorrow, so things are going well.
Miss y'all!
Correction: I was still there when Cara puked by the pool, but I left before you got all lovey-dovey.
Anyway Congrats! Its also been 5 great years for everyone else that knows you two!
PS, you missed a great Jingle Bell Hell. We went 7-1. Cold and windy the whole weekend. we tried our best to lose so we could go home, but our wish wasn't granted until 3rd round sunday.
i was there that night as well. i had a shot or two before retiring to the dorms and leaving you to your puke addled lovingness. good show.
ok ok we all wish we were 'there' but really the only person that was really there was Mr. Mangina himself.
5 years, 18 manginas and a little more puke and you're still so sappy!
ahhhhhhh <3
SB
Post a Comment