Sunday, November 19, 2006


4th and 7th...

WFDF World's Club Championships are over and we didn't win it. Doublewide was confident with our tournament play going into the Quarterfinals, but may have looked too far into the future because we did not finish our game strong enough against Thong (from Australia) to advance to the semi-finals. The path was set for Doublewide success, but we did not follow it truly. We followed our quarterfinals loss with an emotional loss to Clapham (from London) to end a low day for Doublewide. After a hearty night of partying we came out to the fields to play our final game of the tournament against Mephisto (from Canada). The game came down to ultimate point and KG and I put out most of the players who were playing their last point of Doublewide. I had the honor of playing with Don, Stew, Mackie, and Tal for their final point. After a huck from Stew to me, which I caught just outside of the endzone, and a swing pass, Mackie caught the winning goal. It was a great ending to an amazing tournament. I am going to miss playing with the veterans of Doublewide who have been my friends and teammates for 6 years.

Cara and Ozone took care of business during the tournament to give themselves a shot to play in the finals, but came up short after an early game lead against MUDD (from Nippon) in the semi-finals. Ozone battled for 6 days of two games per day (except for one day) to finish just out of the medal placing at fourth.

Cara and I took a trip to the Scarborough Beach with some Doublewide and Ozone friends after the finals on Saturday to unwind from the tournament and change our mind-set to the adventure of traveling throughout the country. The waves were huge and powerful and the Indian Ocean was a perfect temperature. It took a little longer for Cara to be convinced of getting in, but once she did she did not regret it. The waves cheered all of us up and we laughed and smiled while body surfing and getting pummeled by wave after wave. I can't wait to get back to the beach.

That is all for now. Cara, Selah, Whit, Claire, and I will be renting a car tomorrow morning and driving north for a 5 day camping adventure.

The adventure truly begins!
love,
Tank

No comments: