Thursday, June 26, 2014

European Adventure!

Cara and I are on the road again!

We departed from Austin on June 18th for a two month adventure through Portugal, Spain, France, Croatia, Slovenia, and finally Italy for the World Ultimate Club Championships (WUCC) in Lecco, Italy.

Exciting things to come:


  • Ellen, my younger sister (hard for me not to say little sister anymore), will be traveling with us for the first two weeks in Portugal and Spain.  She was able to get time off from nursing and I'm excited to share some new experiences with her and Cara.
  • Why are we traveling from France to Croatia?  1. We hear Croatia is awesome! and 2. Cara and I were invited to coach in a camp on Hvar Island with Brummie a frisbee friend from Britain.  Holly will also be joining us for this leg of the trip!
  • We'll actually travel to Lecco, Italy early to cheer on Brett while he competes for a gold medal at the World Junior Ultimate Championships (WJUC)!  Cara and I both coached Brett during middle and high school and we can't wait to see him compete against the worlds' best under 19 players before starting college this fall at UMass.
Other than that, the plan remains the same...experience new cultures, eat incredible food, and hopefully meet some new friends along the way.  Although we have already begun...Here we go!



1 comment:

Alex said...

Ooh, first comment! Good luck you guys, I hope its as fun as it seems in my imagination. Also if you want to stop in Belgium I can set you up with some very nice people. See you in Italy! :)