Friday, July 31, 2009

27 in HK!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I kept forgetting it was my birthday so not only was it a nice reminder, but it was nice to hear from so many friends to make it a little less weird that I was so far away on my 27th birthday. It turns out it was a great excuse to eat dessert 20 times in one day. I ended up meeting up with some HK frisbee players for a run though, and we went out for some delicious and dirty street food.

I spent the next day going to Lantau Island with my new local friend and frisbee player, Kat. We took a ferry over to the island and then a bus up to the famous Pin Lu Monestary. Their claim to fame is a ginormous bronze Buddah statue on a mountain top. The view of the surrounding islands was spectacular. Then we ate lunch at the vegetarian restaurant that the Buddist monks run. Last night I attended a HK UPA (frisbee governing body here) meeting and then went out to some not so swanky (Club 7-11 consisted of drinking beers on the street outside a very popular 7-11 convenience store) and then very swanky bars (26th story of a high rise on a hillside with amazing view of skyline at night).

Today I'm off to Lantau again to play some beach ultimate and camp out on the beach. Tomorrow I'm helping to run an Ultimate clinic for local beginners, then practicing with the local team to help them prepare for a tournament in Singapore next weekend. Frisbee fun!

















1 comment:

Honna said...

Ahh Hong Kong! The big buddha is something else.

Try and get some dimsum while your there.

Honna