*Check out our last two weeks in Oz in the finally updated post below this one.
As we leave this nation of paradise, I've compiled a list of the "Best Of's"...things that were my favorite of something we did a lot, things that were uniquely Australian and totally awesome, or things that stand out as being favorite moments on the trip. Links and pictures provided when possible.
Best...:
Phrase of Encouragement: "Good on-ya mate!"
Tim Tam flavor: Caramel
Dessert: Pavlova
Beer: Beez Neez
Non-beer: Lemon-Lime Bitter
Way to order coffee: Flat White (Espresso with lots of steamed milk)
Hostel: Tim's Place- Halls Gap, Victoria
State: Western Australia
Home cooked meal: The Ride house (Perth, WA) Lisa, James, Elizabeth, Georgina, and Charlotte
Restaurant: Vegie Bar, Melbourne, Victoria
Beach: North Sydney beaches
Sunset: Yuragir National Park
Body of Water: Lake McKenzie- Fraser Island, QL
Native animal: Platypus, Wombat a close second
Native animal that can kill you: Saltwater Crocodile
Form of transportation: The Wombie (our campervan from Adelaide to Alice Springs)
Tournament: Melbourne Hat Tournament
Campsite: Yuragir National Park
Waterfall: Protestor Falls, Nighcap National Park
National Park: Litchfield, Northern Territory (too hard!)
Cityscape/skyline: Sydney
Most interesting/creepiest city: Coober Pedy
Hike: Glow worm tunnel- Newnes, NSW
Island: Fraser Island
Museum: National Museum of Australia- Canberra, ACT (closely followed by Museum of the Northern Territory- Darwin, NT)
The last three months have been one adventure, beautiful vista, and good beer after another. I'm very sad to leave as I'm positive that I could easily live happily in many of the places we've visited in our time here; if only I could transplant all of my loved ones to live in paradise with me. But alas, it is time to move on to the lush alpine meadows and staggering glaciers of New Zealand. Life is tough sometimes, but you've just got to get through it. =)
G'day mates,
Cara
1 comment:
How exciting that you're in NZ now and that we get to see you again! Crazy that Claire and I are only here for another week and a half! Glad you made it back to the blogging world. We, and your parents didn't know where you guys have disappeared too! You're BACK! See you in a few days.
-Whit (n Claire)
Post a Comment